Skilled and dedicated coaches are the most important aspect of our program. A Tennessee League coach puts the safety and overall well-being of their student-athletes as the first priority. NICA-licensed coaches are role models and teachers who are open to learning the best practices of youth mountain bike coaching and actively working to hone their leadership skills.
- No experience is necessary to become a Tennessee League coach. We provide training.
- We have several coach supporters you can reach out to for mentoring.
- We have the tools to help all coaches succeed.
- We offer comprehensive training at our annual Leadership Summit in the Spring.
- We also offer On-The-Bike Skills clinics throughout the year.
How do I get started?
The path to becoming an Tennessee League coach generally begins with attending our Leadership Summit in the Spring. The next step is to obtain a coach license. Click here to learn which coach license level works best for your needs.
Then, gather support from your community and create a team with guidance from the League. It’s that simple! Take a look at our Team Starter Kit Page.
Check out the Educational Resources, provided by NICA. Their free webinars are very useful – ranging from information on the NICA Rulebook to How to Start and Manage a Team – NICA WEBINAR SERIES SCHEDULE
Be sure to sign up for the Tennessee League Newsletter and stay up to date on Tennessee League events, clinics, camps and news!
No problem – use the Coach Help Desk!